Monday, June 13, 2016

I, Late Night Owl. [Flashback November 2001]

I came home from a rather uneventful day at work. I sat online for about an hour checking email and such. Then I went and laid down on the couch. I believe it was somewhere around 8 or 9.

I just woke up again and it's coming up to 1 am. My sleeping pattern matters little at this point as I am switching from day shift to night shift. Night shifts at work are so much easier than day shifts. It also helps they are two hours shorter.

I doubt I'll be as productive as I was last night (when I should have been sleeping) but I did manage to update the music being played on my Internet Radio Station. I don't believe I have any listeners anymore. At one time I believe I had about 10 faithful listeners when I first started it but due to time constraints, compiled with the fact I haven't turned it into anything more than a music stream, they've dwindled away. That's okay, the station is just an experiment for me.

Background : I studied Broadcast Arts at a trade school. That was a little over 10 years ago now. I've only applied for one job in the industry and didn't get it. I haven't bothered to apply for anything else. One day, I plan on making a demo tape again and sending that all over the place in an attempt to actually use my education. Though, I believe it makes less money than I do now. It's a slow process. Anyway, My eventual thinking is I have all the equipment I need for live broadcasts on my radio station and that'll will allow me to do air checks (recorded snipets of the DJ bits) for a demo tape. I think it will sound more realistic because it won't be a contrived demo tape where you record it as IF you were on the air. The obvious question is if I have no listeners am I really on the air? (If a tree falls in the forest... nevermind)

So far, I'm two or three days into this journal thing and making regular updates. I am pretty sure that won't keep up. That's my nature. Start something and never finish it.

I was once told I should start a journal to keep my thoughts in focus. One of the toughest things in my life is focus. I am such a scatter brain. Well, not really but I'm more sporadic than an ADD sufferer OD'ing on caffeine. Which reminds me I drink way too much coffee at work but then again that's about the only place I ever drink coffee. I have to though or I'd go comatose then little old ladies would be beat me to death for falling asleep one number before they won some game worth an entire $10 dollars. Of course, knowing my luck I'd do it during game worth $10,000 and be lynched.

Tonight, I talked to "Veronica" [My Last Ex-GF] online. It wasn't very exciting andI was distracted because I was surfing the net at the same time. The whole thing between us, in a way, has been a bit lack luster. At one time, I really wanted to get back with her. Now, I'm not so sure although I definitely still care and hope we can remain friends. I've never met anyone who got my sense humour as well as she does. (Not just laughs at my jokes but gets it. That's rare.) We have similar musical interests. Although I such a variety of music I listen to pretty much anyone could line up some of their music tastes with mine. In any case, I just think she dovetails closer than others.

Which reminds me I should, in general, make more attempts to be social with people. I recently learned on my trip back home I really don't have many friends left over there anymore. With the exception of one (well two but quickly fading in contact). I've been a bad friend. I haven't put any effort into any of my friends. I blame this on a few things. One was a pure lack of money, although that's changed. I can still be amazingly tight with money and then other moments I spend way too much forcing me to be super tight with my wallet again. This wreaks havoc on ones social life.

Tomorrow, is the great Sunday, my usual day to do nothing. Although, I should attempt to be productive some sort of way even it's as much as to sit and clean my train set I brought back with me. It's been sitting in boxes for a number of years now (around 15 years I would think). I am sure there are many spiders and such living in the boxes along with the miles of track and trains. Anyway, I planning on setting it up here in my living room because I have such a large living room. I think it would be a cool little addition even though I never have guests over here. Oh well, it's for me, not others.

Well, I ramble too much therefore I should stop for now.

I am sure I will ramble on more in the future.

This I am pretty sure of.

No comments: