Monday, June 13, 2016

A Procastinator's Worst Nightmare [Flashback November 2001]

[Originally Posted: 2001-11-28 - 6:38 p.m.]

Now, I HAD two days off to get some stuff done.

I had trouble sleeping last night and, if you've been following along, I had returned to bed around 8 AM (but more like 9 AM) to take a couple hour nap.

10 AM- Good god, someone wants in my condo to clean the dryer vents. Damn, Strata Councils. I don't remember a memo being slipped under the door for this one, but whatever. Come in and do what you need to do. Please don't come back until next year.

The problem really being is, I was out of town for a couple weeks and I've returned to do much work and really have been extremely lazy on my days off. How does that translate? OH my GOD, my place is a disaster. This is like the PRIMO-embarrassment. Now, I've never claimed to be a good housekeeper but even I can do a lot better than my place is right now. I look like a Slob's Slob. Anyway, The two guys that came in, one from the Strata Management Company and the other the dryer vent cleaner, were thoroughly disgusted. I am sure they are telling stories about my awful place to anyone who will listen.

Now, Lock the door again as they leave. I wander back to the bedroom thinking I could try and get the other hour of sleep I had wanted. As I am walking through my bedroom I just happen to glance in the direction of the window.

What the HELL is that?!

Oh my GOD! SNOW ! There's [Bleep] SNOW outside. Crap! I knew it had been getting cold the last few days but I have things to do. If it's snowing like that (and obviously had been for a couple hours at least now) I can't get my pathetic little no weight rear wheel drive Rustang anywhere.

Did I mention I had things to do today that I had put off WAY too long???

Oh well, wave the white flag.

Go to bed. Don't worry about getting up.

I got up around 4 PM. It had started raining a couple hours before so I was hoping by now it was pretty slushy outside. Correct! For 50 points. So, I quickly got dressed and went out so I could pay my rent, and run a couple of errands.

It always seems to snow around here 1 day in November. I was thinking it wasn't going to do it. We don't have that many days in November left but it never fails. There it was. One day I will learn not to procrastinate, because you never know what may happen unexpectedly. Will I ever learn? [Are you laughing?]

Stay Tuned...

No comments: