Monday, June 13, 2016

A Night in the Bingo Parlour [Flashback November 2001]

Well, Two days in a row of staying up until 8 AM caused me to sleep right through the day. I woke up just in time to have a shower and get dressed then drive to work.

Tonight was another, well y'know, boring night. Although, I had another co-worker do their best to piss me off. They could have phoned in a better performance than they managed tonight. I wonder how dense a person has to be that if the business you work for is clientele driven and you treat your clientele with total disrespect with a generous serving of general bitchiness how long will they put up with it before they just don't bother to return. These are things that annoy me. Unfortunately, This is when working in a union really sucks.

Don't get me wrong. I really do believe in Unions. I think they are a vital part of the employment scenario. (Actually, both Union and Non-Union Environments, I'd hate to have just one and not the other around.) The problem is a Union shop tends to protect the canine fornicators. Most often Management types won't do anything about it because of the grievance procedure hinders their ability to actually try and weed out the losers.

The bright side of work today was that "Christina" and her parents came in tonight. It was nice to see them. I gave Christina a stuffed animal which I got it out of one of those machines. We happen to have one in our workplace. Strange I know...but it's actually really popular. Anyway, I wanted to get one out for her and I did. I hope I made her day a little more brighter. She seemed to be having a pretty good day. I am not sure her parents realize I like her because they are so friendly to me. I've never really had to interact with a woman's parents before so perhaps I am just not used to it. This is one of things I try not to over analyze.

Overall, I'm terrible for over analyzing everything. That is, I think, how this journal thing is a good thing for me. Get it somewhat off my chest and out of my head so I don't dwell on it for too long.

Well, I've got two days off now. Let's see how I do with them. I have some things I might like to accomplish. I know part of this is actually identifying what it is I need/want to get done and then doing it.

One step at a time.

No comments: