Saturday, November 13, 2004

Poker Update

So, I know I've mention I would keep you updated as to how I'm doing online with my real money poker accounts.

I've been playing a lot of Freerolls while I have time off and actually spending way too much time playing freerolls but the finally paid off (not hugely) and I also finally managed to win some real money on another Poker Site.

First on Panther Poker I was playing in a few of their $10 Freeroll Saturday Tournaments and managed to finish in 2nd place! [My BEST EVER finish in any tournament.] and I won a WHOPPING $3 for my effort! But Hey, That's another FREE $3. That actually brings my Panther Poker Account up to $19.17 !! Now if I could stop losing my money on the $0.05/$0.10 tables I'd be doing ok. My Goal here is to hit about $50.

I really love the way that Absolute Poker looks. Although, I haven't done very well in many of their freerolls. I think my best finish was Top 50. I joined a $150 Guarenteed Special Freeroll where the Top 30 paid out. I was playing this tournament along side the same Panther Poker Tourney I won at so I wasn't concentrating very hard but I was doing fairly well. I hit a real sting of bad beats and ended up finishing 27th place! Winning me a Whopping $5.

Then I meandered around looking at what you can play in terms of real money there. I was looking at a $0.50 + $0.10 Single Table Tourney. So, with one seat left to sit in I decided to sit down. I ended up getting an early chip lead and was nearly three times what the rest of the table had. This was a really pleasant table all people were really talkative and friendly. I'd enjoy playing against any of them again. Anyway, Someone finally caught up to me in chips and as we slowly knocked off the rest of the table we finally went heads up against each other. It went back and forth a lot but I spanked pretty hard holding pocket J's and he had 9-7 diamonds which we both went all in on and he hit a straight knocking me down from being slightly in the lead to being slightly done with just over 1000 T chips. So I ended up going out 2nd and won $1.35. After the $0.60 buy-in that left my Absolute Account Sitting at $5.75. We'll see If I can build up this account to something decent as well.

In one last piece of news. I did something I guarentee I will NEVER see again in my entire life. While playing in a Freeroll Tournament on Absolute. I FLOPPED a ROYAL FLUSH. Yes, The VERY best hand in POKER nothing can beat it and I FLOPPED it while all in holding A-K clubs in the pocket. Which means I got the 10 - J - Q of clubs on the first three cards dealt to the board. I had to take a TRIPLE take to believe what I saw. Talk about MONSTER hands.

No comments: